In my endless quest to find something else to paint and put in a mixed media quilt, I bought some 100% cotton gauze. It thought it would add interesting texture to something I haven't even thought of yet. When it got here, I rushed it upstairs and cut off pieces. Then I started to paint. The paint sort of stuck in globs. I used my brayer to spread the paint around, but still it was still pretty gloppy.
At first I didn't like it at all and had half decided to dunk the gauze in my paint-dye (which is just paint diluted with water) instead of painting it. I put it aside to dry and didn't think about it too much. I took it out today and decided I really do like the way it looks. I used a bit of it in my newest project covered with layer of organza. I'm sure I'll find more uses for painted gauze.