Sunday, August 19, 2012

Xs and Os Quilt

Recently, I discovered quilt tutorials on You Tube done by Missouri Star Quilt Company.   What I really like about them is they involve easy ways to cut and sew quilt patterns that usually take FOREVER to put together.  I've gotten over my snobbishness about what "real quilting" is and have embraced all the time saving techniques I can.  

Even more recently, I bought a series of videos from Craftsy.com, which has been taking so much fabric money from me it's ridiculous.  The videos are made by Missouri Star Quilt Company, too.  They are fabulous!  One of the quilts Jenny teaches is the Xs and Os quilt.  I decided to try it with some fruit fabric I've been hoarding...er....COLLECTING...and came up with this wall quilt.  

I want to hang it in the kitchen, but I don't know if I can figure out a way to attach it to the cinder block wall.  Whatever, I'll figure out some place for it once it is quilted.

No comments: