Sunday, December 28, 2008

New Work

I hope everyone had a good holiday! I finally got time to take pictures of some new mixed media work I've done. Some of it is quilted, some not. I had great fun making it all!
This piece has been done for a while, but I never took pictures of it. It was done using water soluble interfacing and layering fabric, then stitching through the layers. This was my first piece like this. I embellished the piece with fabric beads, fire-polished beads, Swarovski crystals, and a couple of yo-yos for good measure. The following are close-ups of the embellishments:




This is a close-up of the yo-yos and fabric beads. The yo-yos have Swarovski crystals sewing to them.


Close-up of the bottom of the piece. Fire-polished bead dangles, fabric beads and a yo-yo.


This next piece is a quilt I made and then beaded. I stitched freeform beaded flowers. The last picture shows how I "tied" the quilt with beads.






This is a piece I did to experiment with using used dryer sheets which I painted.
I used flowers that I had used watercolors on and after placing on the quilt top, I thread-painted and beaded the flowers. More of these are to come.




This piece is done on a stretched, painted canvas. I used layered painted and melted Lutrador. I added a string of beads for sparkle and texture. I call it: "The DNA of Life."




This piece is also done on canvas. I used some painted, melted Lutrador, Angelina film, polymer clay beads, glass beads and a copper metal sun charm.


I call this: "Sunrise On The Beach."



This piece is on painted canvas with painted and melted Lutrador, Angelina film, glass leave beads and polymer clay beads. I call this one: "Sunlight Through the Leaves."


That's it for now. I do have some experiments that I've been working on. I'll be posting them in the next few days.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: