This piece has been done for a while, but I never took pictures of it. It was done using water soluble interfacing and layering fabric, then stitching through the layers. This was my first piece like this. I embellished the piece with fabric beads, fire-polished beads, Swarovski crystals, and a couple of yo-yos for good measure. The following are close-ups of the embellishments:
This is a close-up of the yo-yos and fabric beads. The yo-yos have Swarovski crystals sewing to them.
Close-up of the bottom of the piece. Fire-polished bead dangles, fabric beads and a yo-yo.
This next piece is a quilt I made and then beaded. I stitched freeform beaded flowers. The last picture shows how I "tied" the quilt with beads.
This is a piece I did to experiment with using used dryer sheets which I painted.
I used flowers that I had used watercolors on and after placing on the quilt top, I thread-painted and beaded the flowers. More of these are to come.
This piece is done on a stretched, painted canvas. I used layered painted and melted Lutrador. I added a string of beads for sparkle and texture. I call it: "The DNA of Life."
This piece is also done on canvas. I used some painted, melted Lutrador, Angelina film, polymer clay beads, glass beads and a copper metal sun charm.
I call this: "Sunrise On The Beach."
This piece is on painted canvas with painted and melted Lutrador, Angelina film, glass leave beads and polymer clay beads. I call this one: "Sunlight Through the Leaves."
That's it for now. I do have some experiments that I've been working on. I'll be posting them in the next few days.
Thanks for visiting!