Saturday, May 1, 2010

Book Review Time!

Ding, ding, ding....time for book review!  I've gotten a couple of craft books lately and thought I'd give my observations:
Totally Twisted: Innovative Wirework & Art Glass Jewelry Totally Twisted: Innovative Wirework & Art Glass Jewelry 

First one I really, really liked is Totally Twisted.
It is a good book for learning to manipulate wire to make wire jewelry.  There are several nice projects, but more than that, it gives you techniques you can use to make lots of other jewelry.  Check out the link to this book on Amazon.

Simply Stylish Chain and Metal Jewelry Simply Stylish Chain and Metal Jewelry 

This second book is also very good.  Lots of chain looks...mixing metals, which is hot right now, and even some metal clay techniques.  Check this one out for some really good projects. 


 Bugle Bead Bonanza: A Sparkling Collection of Jewelry Projects 
(Lark Jewelry Book) Bugle Bead Bonanza: A Sparkling Collection of Jewelry Projects (Lark Jewelry Book)
The third book is about using bugle beads (had to plug my favorite online bead store).  I have lots and lots of bugle beads.  I use them for fringe on some of my mixed media quilts and once in a while in a necklace.  I have some lovely vintage bugle beads and I want to explore other techniques for using them.  Well, I'm not going to find them in this book.  It uses bulge beads for...guess what...fringe and necklaces.  There are a couple of bracelets, but they weren't very imaginative.   This one is going on my pile for books to be put on eBay.  One of these days, I'm going to list them all and get some of my money back. 


 





No comments: