Saturday, May 22, 2010

Nifty Fifty Doll and other Updates

I started out my fifth decade thinking that I would make a small artsy quilt for every month until I turned 51.  Well, with settling in back here in Hawaii, I just couldn't manage that lofty goal.  BUT, I felt the need to commemorate my fifth decade in some artful way.

Lately, I've been really into beaded embroidery.  That hobby comes and goes.  I will always like using a needle and thread and using them with beads is pretty much heaven for me.  SO, I decided to make a bead embroidered doll to celebrate my entrance into the 50s.  I call her Griselda the Nifty Fifty doll.   

I'll be posting updates on her.  I have her scheduled to have her finished by 12 October.

In other news, I just got back from two weeks in New Hampshire visiting my mom.  It was really nice and restful.  I gardened and shopped for vintage beads, jewelry (to take apart), vintage beaded bags for my collection and clothes.  No sales tax in New Hampshire except for restaurant type purchases.

I'm girding my loins this weekend to do a mountain of laundry and continue my quest for organization of my craft supplies :)  (Don't ask me how that is going :) )

No comments: