Sunday, July 22, 2012

Rose garden quilt

Geez...first I don't blog forever and now you can't shut me up!  Two posts in one weekend!  Gotta blog when the spirit moves me!  I'm going to try to cut back my hours at work to no more than 9...not 9.5, not 10 and DEFINITELY not 12.  I get so exhausted that by the time the weekend rolls around...I don't get much housework done...all I want to do is play.   So, I did this weekend :)


Here's a quilt I've been working on.  I call it Rose Garden.  I love the fabrics.  They came out around Valentine's Day and I bought a yard of a few designs.  Then I thought of making this quilt, so I ordered a whole big bunch more.  Good thing, because I can't find it anymore.  

I'm using setting squares for the sashing, something I haven't done in a long time.  I always sucked at measuring and getting the squares right.  But, this time it's going quite well.  The blocks are about 14" square with 3" sashing, so  few blocks will go a long way.  Funny thing is I made a BUNCH of blocks, so I have a whole lot leftover.  

I'm not done with this yet.  I'm adding at least one more row horizontally.  Then I think I'll put a 2" border of the sashing fabric and then either the red rose fabric or the striped fabric for a 4" border.  

Stay tuned!

No comments: