In spite of a rather nasty cold, I managed to sew the last four rows on to what I thought would be a Civil War Rail Fence quilt. I used reproduction Civil War fabrics which I love for their muted colors. Looking at the top pieced, it looks more like a whirly gig pattern more than a fence! But, if I do say so myself, it's a nice quilt. I am looking forward to quilting it, although it is VERY BIG and will be a challenge to quilt on my regular sewing machine. But, I am up for the challenge and hope to have it finished by the end of the spring. For now, I am working on a black and white quilt based on the book Successful Scrap Quilts from Simple Rectangles. I like manipulating simple shapes to make interesting quilts. I don't know how big this black and white quilt will be. I think I have enough rectangles to make a large quilt or maybe several quilts. Maybe a wall quilt with red appliqued shapes, flowers or circles or stars.
Got a log cabin in mind for Bob's next quilt. It will use some more of the coffee related fabric I bought for his first quilt, but didn't use. I think I'll call it Bob's Coffee Log Cabin.
As soon as I figure out a way to take a picture, I'll post one here.